The desire to look beautiful and flawless has caused most of us to use different commercial cosmetic products on our face. But many-a-times, saving some bucks by using economic products can turn out to be harmful to the skin. You can witness the stubborn dark spots on your face, which looks awful. And as your skin starts to age, these dark spots get even prominent.
However, there are some natural remedies that really work well in getting rid of these dark spots from your face. Here in this article, I will be sharing with you the method to prepare these remedies with ease at your home.
1. Use Potatoes to remove dark spots from face
Potato is a staple food, and is easily available in every kitchen. The sugar and starch content in potato boosts the growth of new cells while helping to exfoliate the dead and damaged skin cells. Potato is also enriched with the goodness of vitamin B6, vitamin C, potassium, zinc, and phosphorus. All these vitamins and minerals help in the production of collagen. You can use potato to solve different skin problems as it is a storehouse to a lot of minerals.
- Using a knife, cut down the slices of a potato.
- Apply some water to each of the potato slices to make them just wet
- Use these slices on the affected areas containing dark spots.
- Let it sit for about 10 minutes.
- Use this remedy everyday to get better results.
2. Get rid of dark spots on face using Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is a natural herb that contains amino acids, in addition to vitamins A, B, C, and E. It also has beta-carotene that makes it an ideal remedy for various skin conditions related to aging. Aloe gel also helps to depigment marks, remove dark spots and cure the sunburn scars. In addition to this, aloe gel works as an excellent skin moisturizer.
- Take a fresh aloe leaf and cut it to half.
- Extract the gel from inside of this leaf.
- Now apply it directly to the dark spots.
- Let it dry naturally, then wash off with plain water.
- Follow this remedy daily to get good results.
3. Dark spot treatment Oatmeal
Oatmeal is another potential remedy when it comes to your regular skin care routine. It can give you amazing results in removing the dark spots. The texture of oatmeal makes it an amazing exfoliant. It also acts as a great cleansing agent that wipes off dead skin cells effectively. The anti-inflammatory properties in oatmeal gives a soothing sensation to irritation and acne and also cures the acne scars and dark spots. Oatmeal can control the oil content in your skin, therefore, making it a good remedy for both oily and dry skin types.
- Take 3 tbsp of ground up oatmeal in a bowl
- Add 1 tbsp each of honey and milk to it and mix until you get a nice paste.
- Use this paste as a face pack on your face.
- Leave it to dry completely.
- Then wash it off with plain water.
- Apply this remedy 2-3 times a week.
4. Honey treatment for dark spots on face
Honey is a natural ingredient that works as a phenomenal moisturizer and deep cleanser. It fights against acne and the signs of aging. It helps to gently exfoliate the dead and damaged skin cells from your skin. It also promotes the growth of new cells and gives you a fairly healthy skin. Honey is a great medicine to your dark spots.
- Peel a potato and grate it. Then add honey to it and make a rich paste.
- Use this paste as a mask on your dark spots areas
- Leave it to dry for some 20 minutes.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Use this remedy daily to witness the difference.
5. Orange Peel remedy to remove dark spots
Vitamin C and calcium present in orange peels help in fighting free radicals and rejuvenating new cells. Orange peels also help in removing toxins and impurities giving you a clear and freshen up skin. All in all, orange peels are great at removing dark spots because they bleach out and lighten the pigmented areas to give you flawless glowing skin.
- Take a tbsp of powdered orange peel and add 2 tbsp of yogurt to it.
- Mix well to form a good paste.
- Apply it on your face as a mask
- Let it dry for about 25 minutes.
- Wash off with warm water.
- Repeat this process daily.
6. Clear dark spots on face with Lemon juice
Lemon is another great and natural bleaching agent enriched with the goodness of citric acid and vitamin C. It will undoubtedly help you lighten your dark spots and ultimately get rid of them. However, it is recommended to test this remedy before you actually try it as your skin might be sensitive and lemon juice can be harsh on it.
- Cut a whole lemon into half and squeeze out the juice from each halves.
- Now add equal quantity of pure water to this lemon juice.
- Soak a cotton ball in this mixture and dab it on your face; especially on areas with dark spots.
- Leave it to dry for around 20 minutes, then wash it off with plain water. Remember, not to use soap.
7. Natural treatment of dark spots using Yogurt
Yogurt is another wonderful home remedy for treating dark spots. The presence of lactic acid in yogurt helps you to get rid of the outermost layer of skin with dead and damaged cells. This is the layer of your skin where you see the pigmentation and dark spots. Removing the layer encourages the growth of new skin cells that is clear and bright. And to add to this, yogurt also acts as a natural moisturizer and helps tighten your skin.
- Take 2 tbsp of yogurt and a tbsp each of mint and rose water.
- Pour all these ingredients to a blender to get a rich paste.
- Use this paste on your face as a mask and let it sit for about 40 minutes.
- Then gently wash off your face with plain water.
- Use this technique daily for naturally glowing skin.
8. Turmeric home remedy for dark spots on face
The curcumin content in turmeric is a powerful antioxidant that fights the free radicals. It also helps reduce and remove the dark spots from your face. The highly pigmented yellow color of turmeric may can cause stain your clothes so you must be a bit careful why applying it. Nevertheless, it is a great natural ingredient to fight off dark spots.
- In a bowl, mix half a tsp of turmeric, a tsp of lemon juice, and 2 tbsp of milk in a bowl.
- Mix well and apply this paste on your face.
- Now massage the dark spot affected areas on your face.
- Rinse off the mask with plain water after 15 minutes.
9. Cucumber – a natural panacea for dark spots
With 96% of water content, cucumber acts as a great moisturizer for your skin. Cucumber also has most of the essential antioxidants like vitamins A, B5, C, E, and K that helps fight off many skin conditions including skin discoloration like dark circles, acne scars, freckles, and yes, dark spots.
- Cut a cucumber into slices and blend it to get a pulpy solution.
- Add half a tsp of aloe vera gel and a tbsp of lemon juice to it.
- Mix well and apply it on your face as a mask
- Leave it to dry for half an hour.
- Then wash it off with lukewarm water.
10. Using Sandalwood to remove dark spots from your face
The major components of sandalwood make it a great natural antiseptic and also provide relief from severe inflammation. Sandalwood also has potential anti-aging properties. It makes your skin smooth and supple while keeping away wrinkles. One of the major properties of sandalwood is that it is an instant healing agent. It also reduces different types of skin pigmentation including scars and dark spots.
- Take a bowel and add a tbsp and a half of sandalwood powder, 2 tbsp of milk, and 1 tbsp of glycerin
- Mix them well to get a thick consistent paste.
- Apply the paste as a face mask and let it dry.
- Rinse off with water after 30 minutes.
Dark spots can be very annoying and can affect your personality. Though they are not associated with any kind of health issues, you cannot neglect them. Everyone deserves to be in their flawless skin and so do you.
Adapting these natural techniques can be beneficial in treating the dark spots and clearing them off your face completely. Let us know how these remedies worked for you in the comment section below.
Also, look for home remedies to get rid of acne scars instantly!