Pimples are not disease but living with them may leave some psychological effect. Though they are not bad for the overall health but most people often lead to anxiety and depression as the persistent visibility of pimples make them feel miserable.
Why do I have pimples on my face?
Pimples usually occur when the pores on your skin get clogged with oil, dead skin cells or bacteria. It also depends upon your lifestyle like how stressful you are, how spicy, oily and junk food you eat and how polluted is the environment you live in.
How do I get rid of pimple fast at home?
Cure your pimples naturally with the following homemade pimple treatments! It’s easy, cost effective, result driven and most importantly, it do not cause any harm to your skin.
1. Apply some lemon juice to get rid of pimples
Lemons are rich in vitamin C and citric acid that helps exfoliate dead skin cells, acts as natural skin whitener and helps to treat acnes. The citric acid also acts as an antiseptic that reduces the redness caused by acne or pimple.
- Squeeze a lemon in a small bowl
- With the help of cotton balls, dab the juice into the affected areas.
- Leave it overnight (if it doesn’t sting) or keep it for half an hour
- Wash off with clean water, then pat dry with towel.
2. Apply ice to get rid of pimple fast
One of the easiest method to get rid of pimples is to use ice on the affected areas. Using ice reduces redness and inflammation of pimples.
- Wrap the ice cubes in a piece of clean cloth
- Place it on the pimples for few seconds.
- Wait till few minutes and repeat the process.
3. Toothpaste for overnight pimple remedy
Using toothpaste is one of the quickest methods to cure pimples. To get the best result, use this method following the ice remedy mentioned above.
- Before going to bed, apply some white toothpaste (e.g. Colgate) over your affected areas.
- In the morning while you wake up, wash off with clean water
- You can see significant improvement in the swelling.
- You can repeat the process till you get your desired result.
4. Make an orange peel paste to get rid of acne
Like lemons, oranges too are packed with vitamin C and citric acid which is perfect to cure acne. To make an orange peel paste, all you will need is 2 orange peels and water.
- Grind or blend the orange peels
- Add little water into it to make a paste
- Once the paste is ready, apply it onto your face (or affected areas only)
- Leave it for 20-25 minutes.
- You can then rinse it off with cool water and pat dry with towel.
5. Honey and Cinnamon mask – the best natural acne treatment
Honey is a natural antibacterial full of antioxidants that treats acne very well and even slows down aging. Cinnamon has antimicrobial properties that cures acne, pimples and blemishes. To prepare this mask, all you will need is: 2 tablespoon of honey and a tablespoon of cinnamon powder.
- Make a paste by mixing 2 tablespoon of honey and a tablespoon of cinnamon powder.
- Apply the paste to your face or the affected areas
- Leave it for around 20-25 minutes.
- Then rinse off with cool water and pat dry.
This is not only good for treating acne, but you’ll even get a smooth and glowing skin after the wash.
6. Honey & Avocado mask for acne free skin
Avocado is an antioxidant rich in vitamin C, E, K, and omega 6 fatty acids that helps to fight against bacteria that causes acne. To make this mask, all you’ll need is an avocado and a tablespoon of honey.
- Cut the avocado in two halves and scoop out the seed from inside.
- Mash the avocado to make it a paste form
- Mix a tablespoon of honey in it
- Continue stirring the mask till it’s blended thoroughly
- Then apply the mask to your skin,
- Leave it for 20-25 minutes and wash off with lukewarm water.
7. Taste/feel the magic of garlic to cure pimples
Garlic, which is rich in antibacterial properties, is a very good natural remedy to cure pimples. You can either ingest it, or apply it to affected areas to reduce the severity of breakouts and prevent them in near future.
- Mash 2-3 cloves of garlic and let it soak in water for about 10 minutes.
- Then, with the help of cotton pad, soak the juice and apply to your acne affected areas.
- Leave it for 10-15 minutes and wash off with clean water.
If you choose to ingest instead of applying the garlic, then you can have a clove or two per day.
8. Banana peels cure pimples naturally
Banana peels contain lutein, an extremely powerful antioxidant that helps fight against swelling and inflammation caused due to acne.
- Peel off a banana
- Use the banana peel to rub in the pimple affected areas in a circular motion
- Let it sit for around 20-25 minutes and rinse off with clean water.
9. Tea tree oil to cure pimples
Tea tree oil consist of anti-microbial properties that protects your skin from acne causing bacteria. It is more like a solvent that helps to cut extra sebum and dead skin cells from your skin.
Note: Tea tree oil should always be diluted before applying to skin.
- Dilute tea tree oil by mixing 1 part of oil to 9 parts of water
- You can then dip in a cotton ball or a q-tip in the mixture
- Apply to acne areas for 20-25 minutes.
- If your skin is sensitive, use aloevera gel instead of water
- Rinse off with cool water and pat dry.
10. Aloevera gel to remove pimples naturally
Aloevera gel consist of an antibacterial properties that help fight against acne causing bacteria. It even works as anti-inflammatory that decreases the swelling and redness caused due acne.
- Take few leaves of fresh aloe vera plant
- Take the gel part out
- Apply the aloevera gel to your affected areas
- Leave it for around 20-25 minutes and wash off with cool water.
By simply following these beauty tips, you can get flawless, beautiful looking and pimple-free skin. Why waste thousands of dollars on cosmetic beauty products while you can get it all effortlessly and most importantly harmlessly at your own home? Start with any of these tips and get ready to see the magic!
Also, learn how you can get glowing skin naturally at your own home.