Hickies, commonly known as love bites or kiss marks, is a type of bruise. Though it is not a health issue to worry about, people get a feeling of embarrassment if it is visible. If left untreated, it remains for a weak or long. Hickies are resulted by the breaking of blood capillaries that are close to the skin. The redness is the outcome of blood escaping from these broken capillaries. Though they can be overpowered with makeup and clothing, home remedies are best ways to get rid of them naturally.
Here are top 10 remedies that you can use at home to cure your hickeys in no time.
1. Fastest way to get rid of hickies using Rubbing Alcohol
The cooling and soothing properties of alcohol makes it easy to quickly heal the hickeys. Alcohol is also considered as a great disinfectant so it repairs the broken capillaries and is safe for skin.
- Pour few drops of rubbing alcohol on a sterile cotton ball.
- Gently dab it over your love bites
- Let it dry naturally.
- Apply twice daily for better results.
Note: Alcohol can cause your skin to dry out, so after rubbing it over your skin use moisturizer to keep it hydrated.
2. Quickly remove your hickies with Ice Massage
If you want to get rid of your hickey as fast as possible, then using ice on it can give you quick results. Application of ice on hickey will shorten the healing duration. Ice will shrink the blood vessels and reduce the swelling. This remedy will show the results overnight.
- Take some ice and wrap it in a towel
- Gently press the affected area using the towel wrap
- Repeat 3-4 times in a day to see rapid output.
Note: Do not apply ice directly on your skin. This can worsen the case.
3. Aloe vera – best way to get rid of hickies
Aloe vera is a great remedy to soothe inflammation and relief the skill cells from the effect of hickeys. It is useful in regulating the blood flow and also fights clogging. In addition to it, aloe gel makes the skin smooth and supple.
- Cut an aloe leaf and extract fresh gel from it.
- Use this gel on the affected area.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes before you wash it off.
- Repeat the process several times a day.
4. Pineapple treatment to get rid of love bites
Pineapple are natural source to bromelain that helps in treating bruise and give relief from associated pain. It flatters your taste buds and also cures your hickeys
- Cut a small portion of pineapple into thin slices.
- Apply them by gently rubbing on the affected areas.
- Leave it on for 10 minutes and then rinse with water.
- Repeat the process 4-5 times a day.
You can also dip a sterile cloth in pineapple juice and apply it as directed.
5. Banana peels home remedy for hickies
Banana peels are filled with goodness and have best cooling properties. It helps regulate the clogged/ jammed blood capillaries and gives your skin a cool nourishing effect.
- Take a ripe banana and separate its peel.
- Now place the inside of the peel over the affected area for some 10 to 30 minutes.
- Apply this remedy twice or thrice a day for faster recovery of your hickies.
6. Get rid of hickies with Oranges
Enriched with the goodness of vitamin C, oranges are an excellent source of required nutrients essential for your body to repair bruise. While the vitamin C present in oranges have great healing properties, they are one of the best treatment for hickies.
- Intake extra fresh orange juice 3 times a day for a week.
- Alternatively, you can take vitamin C supplements everyday for same duration.
This method will help build collagen that helps repair various skin conditions including hickies.
7. Vitamin K panacea for hickey cure
Foods rich in vitamin K can cure hickeys faster as they help in regulating the flow of blood in the body. It prevents blood from clotting and also helps in reabsorbing the pooled blood. Vitamin K also promotes faster healing.
- Use skin care creams with vitamin K essentials to your hickeys for 2-3 times per day till your hickeys disappear.
- Include vitamin K-rich foods like kale, broccoli, spinach, brown rice, fish oil and soybean oil to your diet plan. Make sure you add at least a cup of these to your food intake.
- Alternatively, take vitamin K supplements to support quicker healing.
8. Use Warm Compress method to combat hickies at home
Using heat to regulate the blood circulation through the affected area can be another way to combat the hickeys. This method will replace the old blood that has made the hickeys visible by fresh blood, using the same path.
- Heat up some water in a pot
- Wet a washcloth in this warm water
- Drain out the water and place the cloth on the hickeys.
- Let it sit for some time. Then reheat and use the cloth for multiple times.
9. How Peppermint oil can treat hickeys
Peppermint oil can be another effective remedy to treat hickeys. Massaging this oil on the affected area will stimulate the regular flow of blood preventing it from clotting. In addition to that, the peppermint helps in healing the the broken capillaries.
- Take a few drops of peppermint oil and massage it on the skin
- Gently rub it for some 5 minutes
- Repeat the method 2 to 3 times a day.
Note- Peppermint oil may sometimes cause irritation to the skin. So it is better to opt for next method if it didn’t help even after the use for 2 consecutive days.
10. Cocoa Butter – an easy way to get rid of hickeys
Extracted from pure cocoa beans, cocoa butter is a natural moisturizer. It helps in treating various skin ailments including hickeys. It also comforts your skin by reducing the inflammation and locks in moisture to the skin, keeping it hydrated.
- Perform the warm compress method.
- Take some cocoa butter in your hand and rub it on the affected area.
- Gently massage in circular motions for about five minutes.
- Repeat this method 4 to 5 times a day for quick healing.
Hickeys, if treated correctly can vanish in no time. These simply and easy natural hacks can help you remove the unwanted marks from your body. Remember, rubbing or scraping the hickey can hurt and leave the mark for even longer, so be gentle as possible.
We would love to hear your experience with the suggested remedies. Share your views on which solution suited your case.