Acne Scars are worse than having acne itself. The stubborn acne scars are easily visible and will put a shade to your beauty. And what’s even worse is, it takes time to lighten and disappear. It can last from anywhere between one to three months and sometimes even longer. Therefore, we’ve come up with tricks to remove it in a faster pace.
Why are my acne scars so deep?
Whenever there’s a new acne on your face, there’s an intense inflammation that causes your skin to lose collagen ( a protein fiber that gives skin its elasticity). In this case, if you squeeze/pick this pimple, it will further swell and injure your skin. It will also create a way for bacteria and pus in the pimple to go deep down the skin. Therefore, resulting more loss of collagen and deeper scars. These deep skin injuries take more time to heal and get back its original color.
How do I get rid of the acne scars?
There are many chemical products that promise to work best for acne marks but the best way to treat them is by using natural ingredients with herbal benefits.
Here are top 10 home remedies that works perfectly for removing the pimple scars.
1. Honey and cinnamon mask for acne scar treatment
Honey and cinnamon both are amazing sources of antioxidants. It is found that applying antioxidants to the skin is very effective in reducing acne and its scars. These two are also rich in antibacterial properties.
- Add 2 tablespoons honey to 1 teaspoon cinnamon and mix together to form a paste.
- Wash your face and apply this mask to your face
- Leave it on for about 10 – 15 minutes.
- Rinse it off completely and pat dry.
2. The best acne scar treatment with Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar is a good skin toner that helps you clear up scars and acne marks. Vinegar is a strong astringent that speeds healing and regeneration of cells. ACV is rich in malic and lactic acids that helps to exfoliate the skin, reduce red marks, and also treat acne.
- Add equal quantities of apple cider vinegar and water together to form a solution.
- Take few drops of this solution on a cotton ball, and apply to your skin. Check for any kind of allergy before the sue.
- Leave it for some 5 minutes then rinse and pat dry.
- Repeat everyday unless you see some clear results.
3. Remove acne scars using Fresh Lime Juice
Lemon is a natural bleach that also act as an exfoliant, skin lightener, and disinfectant. The acid in lemon juice helps to lighten the scars and brighten your skin. It also helps in preventing new pimples from forming and reducing the existing ones.
- Squeeze out the juice from a fresh lemon.
- Apply this juice directly on your scars using a cotton ball
- Leave it for 10 to 15 minutes and wash it off with cold water.
- Repeat everyday for 2-3 weeks during and you’ll see your scars disappear.
4. Baking Soda to get rid of pimple marks
Baking soda is another popular remedy for removing pimple scars with its exfoliating property. The gentle soda granules when mixed with water helps remove the dead skin layer off your facial skin without causing any inflammation by the application.
- Add some water to 2 teaspoons of baking soda to make a consistent paste.
- Use this paste to gently massage your face focusing on pimple scars.
- After continuing for a couple of minutes, leave it on the face for few more minutes.
- Now wash your face with warm water. Apply mild moisturizer.
- Repeat the process 2 – 3 times a week.
5. Home remedy for acne scars with Aloe Vera
The aloe gel is commonly used to treat different type of skin conditions including abrasions, rashes, burns and others. Aloe vera gel can heal wounds, burns and also fight inflammation. It also an effective treatment for acne.
- Extract the gel from an fresh aloe leaf.
- Apply this gel directly to clean skin.
- Repeat everyday for few weeks unless desired result is obtained.
6. Fuller’s Earth remedy for treating acne marks
Fuller’s Earth or Multani Mitti is a beneficial substance used for treating oily skin. It also helps clearing out skin pores, and lightening the scars due to acne.
- Add rose water to fuller’s earth to make an excellent face mask
- Apply this mask on your face and let it dry.
- Wash off with cold water.
- Repeat everyday for sometime to get better results.
This remedy can reduce the clogging of pores and make the skin fresh and lively.
7. Natural remedy for acne scars using Green Tea
Green tea is rich in antioxidants. Regular drinking of green tea can regulate blood circulation and promote good health and better skin. It helps fight bacteria and reduce inflammation on the acne, therefore making it a good natural ingredient for fighting acne marks.
- Steep green tea in boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Allow the tea to cool down.
- Apply it to your skin using a sterile cotton ball.
- Allow to dry naturally. After sometime, rinse with cold water and pat dry.
8. Raw tomatoes home remedy for acne scars
Tomatoes are rich in several are rich in several antioxidants and is an excellent source of vitamin A, C and K. It is a popular treatment for acne and helps keep the skin pores clear.
- Cut a red ripe tomato into pieces.
- Crush or grind it to get a puree.
- Apply this fresh pulp on your face and leave it for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse with water.
- Repeat this method daily for a week or two.
9. Natural acne scar treatment using Raw potatoes
Potato is a natural and effective remedy for treating any kind of skin discoloration. Raw potato can work amazingly in removing any kind of scars or acne marks.
- Cut a potato into round slices.
- Gently rub a slice on your face in circular motion.
- Continue until your slice of potato has gone dry.
- Repeat the same with another slice and go on for 15-20 minutes.
- Let your skin absorb all the potato juice.
- Wait for some minute and wash it off.
- Use mild moisturizer.
10. Treat your acne scars at home with Olive Oil
Olive oil not only makes your food taste good but can also lighten your acne scars. Olive oil is packed with natural antioxidants, therefore it has several health benefits. It is one of the best home remedy for clearing the skin marks and scars.
- Pour few drops of olive oil to a cotton ball.
- Dab it to your facial skin and gently massage in circular motion.
- Let your skin absorb it completely.
- Repeat everyday before bed unless you see prominent results.
Acne is a very common problem affecting quite a number of people. The causes behind acne can be wide and random. Commercial products for acne scar treatment can cause dryness, redness and irritation on the skin. Fortunately, there are many natural remedies that can work effectively.
The home remedies listed in this article may not work equally for everyone. However, these are worth a try and since these are natural products so you don’t have to worry about the side-effects.
If the acne is severe, it is recommended to consult a dermatologist.