Sweating is a natural phenomenon but excess sweat can be embarrassing. You must also have experienced that sweating feet bring an unpleasant smell from your shoes, whereas sweating palms can be really annoying when you have to shake hands in social gatherings.
Why do I sweat vigorously?
A medical condition termed as hyperhidrosis is the reason behind excessive sweating. Patient with this condition sweats more than the usual. Sweating may occur on any part of the body but it affects more on areas like palms, feet, underarms, face and genitals.
Generally, over sweating does not trigger any serious problem. The other reason behind over sweating of palms and feet can be nutritional decency. Even unhygienic lifestyle may also trigger the sweat glands.
How to get rid of sweaty hands and feet?
With many herbal remedies available, it is easy to solve this condition. Here, in this article we have listed the top 10 remedies for you to cure this problem naturally at home.
1. Rosewater to stop sweaty hands and feet
The inherent astringent property of natural rose water makes it a panacea for curing the excess sweat problem. Using of rose water will decrease the size of the pores resulting less sweat to flee. Moreover, the natural antioxidants present in rose water can stop excessive sweating from your hands and feet.
- Boil some fresh rose petals in a cup of water for 15 minutes.
- Strain the mixture and keep the rosewater in an airtight container.
- Apply it on your hands and feet with the help of a cotton ball.
Alternatively, mix rosewater with vinegar before applying it to the affected area.
2. Use Cornstarch to get rid of sweaty hands and feet
Cornstarch is basically a highly processed carbohydrate. Cornstarch is natural antiperspirant, which makes it a potential remedy to reduce hyperhidrosis effect. It can be used as a DIY talcum powder for solving the sweaty feet and hands problem.
- Mix 5 tablespoons of cornstarch powder with 4 tablespoon of baking soda.
- Apply this powder mixture over affected area and clean it with cotton cloth.
- Repeat this remedy for instant sweat removal.
This is an instant remedy for sweaty hands and feet and works very well.
3. Sweaty hand and feet remedy with Lemon
Lemon is another effective remedy to keep the sweat away. If your skin is sensitive, dilute the lemon by adding a little amount of water to it. The sweet-sour fragrance of the lemon acts as a natural deodorant making this remedy to turn out even more beneficial.
- Squeeze out the juice from some fresh lemon or you can simply cut and use them wholly.
- Rub half cut lemon gently on the foot and hands after washing them properly.
- Leave it for some 10-15 minutes
- Then rinse it with water.
4. Natural remedy for sweaty hands and feet using Tea bags
You can use moist black tea bags for getting rid of the excess sweat on your feet and hands due to its excellent antiperspirant properties. You can also use these tea bags to rinse or wipe the affected area.
- Dip a tea bag in a cup of lukewarm water and leave it until the water gets the tea color.
- Use this solution to rinse the affected area.
- Alternatively, drink organic tea every other day to improve your overall health.
- Repeat this home remedy to resolve the sweating hands and feet problem.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar – a home remedy for sweaty hands and feet
Apple cider vinegar acts as an astringent and keeps the skin pores tight. This in turn, reduces the over sweating. It is easy to apply and use. It can also be applied under the armpits to control the excess sweat.
- Mix 2 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with half a cup of lukewarm water.
- Wash the affected area with this solution.
- Let it dry naturally
- After sometime, wash your hands with cold water.
- Repeat this method twice a day to reduce excess of sweating.
Alternatively, it can be consumed with a few drops of honey on an empty stomach.
6. Cure sweaty hands and feet using Activated Charcoal
Activated charcoal absorbs moisture from the body, that is why many skincare and cosmetic products uses it in their ingredients list. It is helpful in absorbing poisons and toxic substances so that your body doesn’t have to sweat them out.
- Add two teaspoon of activated charcoal to a glass of water and stir to mix it well.
- Drink this mixture once in a day after the meal to reduce sweating.
- Alternatively, pour 5 teaspoon of activated charcoal in your bathtub.
- Then rest in this bathtub for about 15 minutes and then take a shower.
- Repeat this effective method once a day to avoid excessive sweating.
7. Know how Tomatoes cure sweaty feet and hands
Tomato juice works as a great coolant for our body and therefore helps us sweat less. It lowers the body temperature when made in contact to the body surface. Tomato, a good source of sodium, helps keep the body dry.
- Grind some tomatoes along with some water to form a nice tomato juice.
- Pour this solution in the bowl and dip your hands in it.
- Cleanse your hands with fresh water after sometimes.
- Repeat the process regularly to avoid the sweaty hands and palms.
8. Tea Tree Oil treatment for sweaty hands and feet
Tea tree oil can be an excellent home remedy for hyperhidrosis, caused due to bacterial infection. It has a strong antibacterial property and thus reduces the chance of any bacterial infection. It even stops further extension of this type of infection.
- Add 10 drops of tea tree oil in a cup of lukewarm water.
- Stir well to completely dissolve the oil in the water.
- Dip a cotton ball in this solution and apply over the affected areas.
- Repeat this home remedy twice everyday to get rid of excessive sweat.
9. Use Sandalwood home remedy for sweaty hands and feet
Sandalwood powder is a well known natural coolant. This ayurvedic remedy is rich in antiseptic, astringent and anti-inflammatory properties. Hence, sandalwood powder is considered to be the soothing solution to sweaty hands and palms.
- Make a thick consistent paste using sandalwood powder, rose water and lime juice.
- Apply this paste to the affected area.
- Let it dry naturally and rinse off with cold water.
- Repeat the remedy regularly to stop sweaty hands and feet forever.
10. Stop your feet and hands from sweating Honey
Honey is one of the outstanding ingredient to treat the issue of over sweating. Honey has antibacterial and antiseptic properties which can avoid the sweat producing bacteria. The combination of honey and apple cider vinegar becomes a very good remedy for sweaty hands and feet. The apple cider vinegar loaded with astringent properties makes it able to remove the excess of sweat from hands and feet.
- Mix three tablespoons of each honey and apple cider vinegar.
- Blend it thoroughly to make a consistent paste.
- Apply this mixture to your hands and feet to instantly get rid of excess sweat.
These remedies for sweating palm and feet work fine to improve your condition and make it better. However, you need to understand that excessive sweating cannot be cured completely.
Also, have a look at top 10 remedies to get rid of dark knees and elbows naturally!