Tan on foreheads are really disappointing as it makes uneven skin tone making you look ugly and unattractive. Tan basically occurs due to overexposure of your skin to sunlight.
Why my forehead is darker than rest of my face?
Occasionally, our forehead can be little darker in comparison to other part of the face because the sun first hits on our forehead which as a result happen to darken the skin making it a different tone.
How to lighten my dark forehead?
There are several cosmetic products available for tan removal but they can damage your skin due to chemical substances included in it. However, you do not need to worry as we have several natural remedies to remove sunburn from your forehead without any damage.
Below we list down 10 most popular and effective natural ways to remove tan on your forehead. The given natural remedies require at least a week of regular use to get noticeable results.
1. Lemon Scrub for forehead tan removal
Lemon is one of the natural bleaching agents that helps to lighten your skin. It’s one of the easy ways to remove tan on your forehead.
- Take a slice of lemon
- Gently rub the lemon on your forehead
- Let it stay there for around 15-20 mins
- Then wash off with cool water and pat dry.
For better result, you can make a natural scrub by mixing sugar and glycerin to the lemon juice and scrub it on your dark forehead. Along with fairer skin tone, you’ll also get a softer skin.
2. Yogurt to lighten dark forehead
Yogurt acts as a cooling agent that helps to minimize sun tan on your forehead easily and effectively. It reduces the redness caused due to excessive exposure to the sun and also tightens the skin pores.
- Apply yogurt directly on your dark forehead
- Leave it for around 20-25 minutes
- Wash off with lukewarm water and pat dry.
For better result, add lemon to the yogurt.
3. Sandalwood powder to reduce tan from forehead
Sandalwood powder has many medicinal benefits along with skin lightening properties. It works as a natural skin cleanser that removes dead skin cell and other skin impurities. It also helps to remove blemishes and blisters from your skin.
- Make a paste of sandalwood powder with water (coconut water works best)
- Add few drops of almond oil (optional)
- Apply the paste on your forehead and wash it off after 20-25 minutes.
4. Turmeric to get rid of forehead tan
Turmeric is used for several beauty purposes as it helps to glow and brighten your skin. This powerful antiseptic ingredient works best to remove tan on your forehead.
- Make a paste of turmeric with water (or milk)
- Apply it on your forehead and leave it for 15-20 minutes
- Then, wash off with lukewarm water.
5. Potato Slice to remove forehead suntan
Potatoes consist of starch compounds which are helpful in lightening dark forehead caused due to harmful sun rays. It’s an easy way to remove tan on your forehead.
- Take a raw potato, wash it well and cut it into slices
- Rub potato slices over your forehead and let it stay for 10-15 minutes
- Then, rinse it off with cool water and see the difference.
6. Chilled milk for forehead suntan removal
For those who cannot withhold the smell of yogurt can opt to chilled milk remedy for tan removal on the forehead. It not only lightens the dark forehead but also helps to heal pigmentation caused due to harmful sun rays.
- Add a pinch of turmeric to the chilled milk
- Apply the mixture on your forehead
- Leave it for around 20 minutes and rinse off with lukewarm water.
Repeating it on a daily basis will help you overcome forehead tanning quickly.
7. Gram Flour paste to lighten dark forehead
Gram flour nourishes the skin, removes dirt and toxins from skin to enhance natural glow. The exfoliating properties of gram flour makes it best for tan removal.
- Make a paste of gram flour by mixing it with milk & a pinch of turmeric.
- Apply it on your forehead and leave it for around 20 minutes.
- Wash off and pat dry with a towel.
You can see improved result when applied on a regular basis.
8. Oil remedy for forehead tan removal
Applying oil to the tan affected areas do work to lighten skin. It exfoliates the dead skin cells and also removes dirt.Direction:
- Mix almond oil, sesame oil, and olive oil in a bowl.
- Gently massage it on your tanned forehead and leave it for around 20 minutes.
- You can then wash it off with lukewarm water.
While washing off your face, you can also use gram flour as a scrub for better result.
9. Aloe Vera to remove sunburn from forehead
Aloe vera is one of the most popular and traditional remedies to cure sunburn. The skin lightening property of aloe easily removes tan from your forehead. It also cleanses and nourishes the skin.
- Take a fresh aloe vera leaf and take the gel part out.
- Apply the gel on your forehead before going to bed
- Wash it off with cool water in the morning.
You can get the desired result within a week if you apply it on a regular basis.
10. Saffron to get rid of suntan on forehead
Saffron is a natural skin lightener that helps remove tan, tones your skin and fight against pimples and acnes.
- Soak saffron overnight in milk cream.
- Apply the mixture on your forehead and let it dry.
- Then wash off with lukewarm water and pat dry with a towel.
Though you may not try all the given remedies, you can definitely try with any one mentioned above and see a remarkable difference. Choose any feasible method that is applicable at your home and let us know your result in the comments below!
Worried about your dark lips? Here are top 10 natural remedies to lighten your dark lips instantly!