Blackheads are small, darkish bumps which are caused due to clogged hair follicles. They mostly appear on your nose areas being a hindrance to your beauty but beside that it also appears in chin, chest, shoulders and back.
Why do blackheads occur?
Few of the reasons which are responsible for the formation of blackheads are:
- Accumulation of dead skin cells
- Extreme oil production by the sebaceous glands.
- Change in hormones due to birth control pills or menstruation
- Build-up of acne causing bacteria
- Use of medicines such as corticosteroids and androgens.
But as long as you are aware about how to deal with those irritating blackheads, you shall not worry any more. In today’s blog, we are introducing a very easy and effective ways to remove blackheads on your nose. All you need is a toothpaste and baking soda. Now, without further ado, let’s get started!
- Take a bowl of warm water
- Wet a piece of cloth in warm water
- Squeeze the water out
- Apply the warm cloth on your nose
- Leave it for a couple of minutes
- Warm compress will help to open up pores
- Take a teaspoon of baking soda and add little amount of water in it to form a paste.
- Add a dollop of toothpaste in it.
- Mix the ingredients well.
- Apply the mixture to your nose with the help of a toothbrush.
- Gently scrub it in a circular motion for about 30 seconds.
- Then wipe off with washcloth and rinse with clean water.
- Finally apply moisturizer.
Why it works?
- Baking soda exfoliates dead skin cells & removes excess oil.
- Toothpaste helps to dry out the infected pores.
- Keep your nose moisturized often as this remedy can cause excess drying effect.
- Use a soft bristle toothpaste and massage gently to prevent from burning sensation.
- Do not use this remedy if your skin is extremely dry or sensitive.
So, next time when blackhead hits your face, simply grab some baking soda and toothpaste!
Also, have a look at how to remove blackheads on nose with the help of lemon and coffee.