Blackheads are the outcome of accumulated dead skin cells, oil, dirt, and sebum in hair follicles inside the ear lobes, resulting clogged pores. However, there are some things you need to know about blackheads before making attempts to wipe them off completely.
- These are not dirt or stains that can be removed by surfacial cleaning.
- Blackheads in ear signify the presence of excessive amount of sebum in the skin pores.
- These are stubborn and do not get away easily.
- They grow slowly, while many of them do not even develop into bumps but black or dark spots.
- These can reoccur after the removal.
- It takes time to get results.
What causes blackheads in ear?
Earlobes and canal are ideal locations for easy clogging of pores due to dirt and sebum. Some individuals who have highly active sebaceous glands fall prey to such clogged pores. These clogged skin pores develop into dark/black bumps when sebum comes in contact with the air.
Sebum production in the body increases with various reasons including hormone imbalance due to puberty, pregnancy or menstruation, side effects of medication, certain food types and others. Consistent dehydration and improper hygiene can also be a risk factor to blackheads formation inside or outer side of the ears.
How do I get rid of the ear blackheads?
Here in this article, I have listed some very effective home remedy that works amazingly to remove the blackheads from your ear. Continue reading to find how to use them for the treatment.
1. Use Baking Soda Scrub to get rid of ear blackheads
Baking Soda is a natural skin exfoliating compound that helps unclog your skin pores and removes dead skin cells. It also neutralize the skin’s pH level while making it smooth, supple and less oily. It works as the best product for blackheads either they are on the face or ears.
- Mix some water to baking soda to get a smooth and thick paste.
- Apply this paste evenly on the ear lobes and using your fingers, gently massage in circular motions.
- Then allow it to dry completely.
- After that, rinse it off with lukewarm water and pat the skin dry.
- Repeat the process everyday for 3 to 4 days until blackheads in your ears are gone.
2. Lemon Juice remedy for blackheads in ear
Lemon juice is considered as one of the best, quick and natural methods to remove blackheads from ears. The citric acid content in lemon juice helps exfoliate the dead skin cells and impurities and makes the skin smooth, soft and supple.
- Extract the juice of a freshly cut lemon in a container. If your skin is thin and sensitive, consider diluting the lemon concentration with water.
- Soak a sterile cotton ball in this solution. Squeeze out the excess solution.
- Apply it in the earlobes or behind your ear or anywhere in the affected area and let it dry naturally.
- When dry, gently scrub the area using your wet fingers and then clean and pat dry.
- Follow this method for 3 times a day to get blackheads free ears.
3. Rubbing Alcohol – a quick remedy for ear blackheads
Rubbing alcohol is a quick remedy for ear blackheads that sterilizes the infected area and even destroys the blackheads causing bacteria. Rubbing alcohol helps to dry out excess oil in the skin pores, while baking soda helps to exfoliate and clean the dead skin cells.
- Soak a sterile cotton ball in rubbing alcohol and squeeze out the excess alcohol from the cotton.
- Now apply it all over the blackheads.
- Leave on the application for overnight.
- Next morning clean the area with plain water.
- Follow this remedy every night for 3 days for getting rid of the ear blackheads.
4. Ear blackhead removal with Tea Tree Oil
Tea Tree Oil has some incredible antibacterial and healing properties that helps clear the clogged skin pores. It does this by removing the acne causing bacteria and the dead skin cells.
In addition to this, it prevents possible formation of blackheads in future as well.
- Use an anti-detergent cleanser to remove excess oil from your ear.
- Pour few drops of tea tree oil in a sterile cotton ball and apply it on affected areas.
- Let it sit for about 10 minutes and then rinse off.
- Repeat everyday before bed to see great results.
5. Blackhead inside ears can be treated with Sugar Scrub remedy
Sugar scrub is one of the effective and natural scrub that helps remove dirt and dead skin cells by opening the clogged pores. Clearing the clogged pores initiates the removal of blackheads causing bacteria. All in all, sugar scrub acts well in preventing and curing all types of acne.
- Add few drops of lemon juice and lavender oil essentials to two tablespoons of sugar.
- Mix well to form a thick paste.
- Apply this sugar paste on affected area.
- Let it sit for 30 minutes then rinse off with warm water.
- Repeat this method once a day to get fast results.
6. Honey and Cinnamon cure for blackheads inside ear
The honey and cinnamon powder mixture works amazingly to prevent and stop the blackhead formation. While the anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties of honey and cinnamon mixture helps in quick healing of the blackhead.
- Add one teaspoon each of two ingredients to a bowl and place it in the microwave for 30 seconds at a moderate temperature.
- Mix properly and apply the blended mixture on the blackheads in infected area.
- Let it dry for some 30 minutes then rinse with lukewarm water.
- Repeat the process once a day to experience amazing results.
7. Apple Cider Vinegar remedy for ear blackhead removal
Raw or unprocessed apple cider vinegar (ACV) is one of the potential remedy to get rid of the dead skin cells and sebum causing blackheads in ear. It is a natural antiseptic that helps avoid bacterial infection of skin pores and causing of pimple outbreaks. It also helps maintain the pH level of the skin.
- Add equal amount of water to some raw apple cider vinegar and dilute it.
- Soak a sterile cotton ball in the solution and apply to the blackheads in your ear.
- Let it dry naturally and then rinse off with warm water.
- Repeat this remedy for 2 to 3 times everyday and see the results.
8. Apply Toothpaste to get rid of the blackheads in ear
Major ingredients of toothpaste such as triclosan, menthol, baking soda and hydrogen peroxide can prevent the excess of oil trapped in your skin pores by drying it out.
- Wipe off your ear with a mild cleanser and pat dry.
- Gently apply some toothpaste on your blackheads and scrub well with your fingertips. Avoid using gel-based toothpaste.
- Consider using this remedy before bed (preferably overnight).
- Rinse with lukewarm water when you feel it’s dry enough.
9. Remove blackheads inside ear using Oatmeal Mask
Generally, an oatmeal mask is be used for exfoliation purpose. It is a natural cleanser that helps exfoliate and deep cleans the clogged skin pores. Oatmeal is a powerful antioxidant and rich in anti-inflammatory properties that is useful in removing ear blackheads.
- Add 2 tablespoons of low fat yogurt to 1 ½ tablespoon of uncooked oatmeal. You can also a add few drops of lemon juice to the mixture.
- Apply this mixture on the affected area of skin with blackheads.
- Let it dry on your skin and leave it for 5 to 7 minutes before cleaning.
10. Egg Whites for blackheads treatment in ear
The mask made up of egg whites can easily clean away the dirt and excess oils from your skin surface. It also tightens the pores to prevent formation of blackheads. Egg whites is an effective and traditional way to fight many skin related conditions including blackheads.
- Break and filter the egg whites in a bowl.
- Slightly whisk it with the help of a fork.
- Apply the egg white evenly on the affected area.
- Cover it with double layer of tissue papers.
- Let it dry completely for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Then peel off the tissue mask in upward direction.
- Later, rinse off with plain water and pat the skin dry. Apply moisturizer.
- Repeat the remedy twice a week and get rid of blackheads from ear easily at home.
Blackheads in the ear are embarrassing and irritating because it can give a so much false impression of your ears cleanliness. But don’t worry, it can be prevented and cured. The home remedies that I’ve mentioned in this article should work for most of the cases.
Though there are 10 different solutions but it is recommended to stick to a single method at a time and wait to see if it works. If there aren’t any good results, then you can move on to next one because not everything works for everyone.
And yes, do let us know about the method that worked/ didn’t work for you.
Also, learn how to remove earwax at home naturally!