Nobody wants dry itchy and rough skin. There are many commercial products available in the market that seems promising to cure your dry skin but sometimes these remedies are just not right for your skin and some sensitive skin may even be demanding a personalized care than the generalized treatment. In these regards, taking some simple and healthy steps can give you magical results.
Why is my face rough and dry?
Dry skin, especially on your face, is very disturbing and spoils your looks and your first impression. Though a very common problem, it can affect a person’s conscious mind resulting to high risk problems like depression. There are many factors contributing to dry, flaky skin like pollution, UV rays of sun, climate (winter or windy weather) and chemical products. When the skin loses its moisture and becomes dehydrated, it increases the probability of getting damaged with cracks followed by itchiness.
Here we’ve brought to you these easy and effective tips that can help you get rid of your rough and dry facial skin overnight.
1. Glycerin to treat severe dry skin problems at home
Glycerine is a great hydrating agent. It keeps your skin nourished and moisturized. And it is very easily available. You can use glycerin solely or with equal proportion of lemon juice and rose water.
- Apply glycerin or the above mentioned mixture onto your face and leave it overnight.
- Rinse it early the next morning with lukewarm water.
- You will see amazing results.
- Apply it regularly to get better skin every day
2. Milk soothes extremely dry skin
The anti-inflammatory properties in milk helps to get rid of the itchiness resulted due to dry skin. Milk is a great home remedy that soothes irritation and also helps in locking moisture in your dry skin. It is an instant remedy for the problems resulted due to dry, flaky facial skin.
- Pour a bowl of milk
- Dip a washcloth in it
- Apply it to your skin
- Rinse after five minutes
3. Use Peanut Oil to get rid of the dry skin on your face
The natural component found in peanut oil aids to lock moisture to your dry skin. It is also a good source of the antioxidant vitamin E that is good for your facial skin.
- Make a paste of peanuts and mix it with milk and honey.
- Apply on your dry skin face.
- Leave it to dry.
- Then rinse off the water and pat dry
4. Aloe Vera – the best natural treatment for dry skin
Aloe vera is a miracle plant that can give you all-round beauty from head to the toe. It penetrates down several layers to your skin and hydrate it from within. It helps to lighten and brighten your skin tone and also helps in getting rid of the dryness.
- You’ll need a couple of fresh aloe vera leaves
- Cut the leaves in half and scrape the gel off with a butter knife
- Apply this gel to the affected area and keep for 15-20 minutes
- Keep the rest of the gel in a fresh container and repeat this twice in a day
5. Dandelion Root Treatment is good for dry skin
Dandelion root tea works as a wonderful skin care solution. It helps in reducing painful irritation and swelling on the skin due to various skin problems. It is rich in antibacterial properties.
- Add a teaspoon of dandelion root powder to a glass of water
- Boil this mixture for a few minutes
- Strain the water and sip on the liquid
It removes toxins from your body and promotes your skin health. Continue to drink this for a day or two to see better results.
6. Tomato treats rough and dry skin on face
Tomatoes not only adds flavour to your food but it is also great for your skin. They have amazing cooling and astringent properties. Rich in vitamin C, these help eliminate skin problems and also brightens dull skin. Vitamin A present in tomatoes promotes healthy skin.
- Slice down a ripe tomato
- Rub the tomato by gently squeezing it onto your skin
- Leave the pulp on your skin for about half an hour
- Rinse off the mask with lukewarm water
You can experience a naturally smooth and soft skin.
7. Avocado and honey mask for solving the dry skin problems
Avocado and honey can give amazing results when combined together. It forms an effective natural remedy to cure dry skin problems. It results a great mixture to form an effective face mask for dry skin.
- Mash an avocado pulp and add it to equal proportion of honey
- Mix them together to form a consistent paste
- Apply this mixture on your face
- Leave this mask for 15 minutes and then rinse it off
8. Banana and yogurt to get rid of the rough skin on face naturally
Bananas is the next solution for treating dry skin at home. The antioxidants and nutrients in banana help moisturizing dry and cracked skin resulting to smooth, soft and hydrated skin.
- Mash a ripe banana and apply it as a face mask. Leave it for 20 minutes and then rinse off.
- Alternatively, mix a mashed banana with plain yogurt and use it as a face pack. Leave it for a while and rinse off to get smooth, soft skin.
This natural banana and yogurt face mask for dry skin not only moisturizes your flaky facial skin, but also helps in exfoliating the dead skin cells. You can also just apply this fast healing paste on the dry patches on your face and leave it for 30 minutes and then rinse off.
9. Coconut Oil – an easy home remedy for dry flaky skin
Coconut oil works as a natural moisturizer. It helps in treating dry and scaly skin, making it soft and smooth. It is an easy remedy for dry skin at home. It contains adequate amounts of fatty acid that compensates any loss of moisture in the skin. It gives wonderful results when left on the skin overnight.
- Take few drops of coconut oil on a cotton ball
- Gently apply it on your face (especially on the affected areas)
- Leave it overnight
- Rinse your face with lukewarm water, the very next morning
10. Use Lemon to solve dry skin problems
The antioxidants found in lemon shows fascinating results for dry skin. They fight the skin damage caused due to various reasons, helping your skin look fresh and healthy.
- Take 2 to 3 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- Dip a cotton ball to this liquid
- Apply it to the affected areas on your face and leave for 10 minutes
- Wash it off with lukewarm water
If lemon is feeling too harsh to your skin then you can end the routine by applying a good moisturizing lotion post washing your face dry.
Use these applications at night and see the glow on your face the very next morning. These are instant remedies to solve your dry skin problem overnight. Continuous and consistent use of these remedies for dry skin can completely cure your skin problems and revamp it once again.
Worried about nasty pimples on your face? Here are top 10 natural solution for them!