Skin pores are essential for elimination of toxic substances from the body. They also help skin to respire and keep it hydrated. However, clogging and dilation of these pore result to their expansion.
Generally, people with oily skin tend to suffer from the dilation of pores more than others. There are multiple other causes behind opened pores including:
- Hormonal changes
- Excessive sweating
- Swelling of the pores
- Prolonged exposure to sun
- Unhealthy hygiene
- Harsh makeup
- Lack of proper skincare routine
- Unhealthy and improper diet plan
These opened pores on face skin can be a cause of embarrassment to people who are conscious about their looks. In order to get a flawless skin, these opened pores must be sealed with cleansing, toning and moisturizing the skin. You can also opt for these home remedies for instant care.
1. Egg Whites home remedy for open pores
Egg whites are great skin toners. The white part of egg helps in tightening the skin pores and reduce the bloating. Egg masks are excellent natural remedies for open pores. It can also treat various kinds of acne.
- Take an egg and separate the egg white
- Add some oatmeal and lemon juice to it.
- Mix well to make an even paste.
- Apply this mixture on your face and leave it on for about 30 minutes.
- Then rinse it off with cold water.
2. Open pores remedy using Lemon Juice
Lemon is rich source of citric acid that helps exfoliates the skin cells and reduces the visibility of the pores. In addition to this, lemon juice improves your skin complexion and removes dark spots due to its bleaching effects.
- Extract juice out of a lemon and add 1 tbsp of organic honey to it.
- Mix well and apply it on your skin
- Let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Rinse it off with warm water.
- Repeat this method daily for at least a month.
Adding tomato juice or cinnamon powder to the lemon juice will give additional benefits.
3. Get rid of pores on face with Fuller’s Earth
Fuller’s earth aka multani mitti helps in soaking the excess oil from the skin cells. When used as a mask, it works amazingly to unclog the sealed pores. It easily removes the impurities from the skin and deep cleanses your face to give it a bright glowy look.
- Add two tablespoon each of rose water and multani mitti powder to a container
- Mix it well to get a consistent paste without any lumps.
- Apply a thin layer on your face and let it dry.
- Rinse with cool water after some time.
4. Cucumber remedy for open pores
Cucumber is a natural moisturizer that nourishes the skin and suits almost all skin types. It’s cleansing property removes dirt from the skin and unclogs the pores. It gives your skin a natural glow. Being a source of natural astringent, cucumber possess therapeutic potentials that soothes the skin from any kind of irritation, inflammation or swelling.
- Extract the juices out of a cucumber and add enough amounts of lemon juice to it.
- Mix well and apply the mixture on your face, especially on the open pores.
- Leave it on for about 15 minutes then wash it off with cool water.
- Repeat this remedy for about 2 to 3 times a week for better results.
Refrigerate the cucumber for few hours before blending will give enhanced cooling effect.
Note: If your skin is sensitive to lemon juice, you can replace it with rose water.
5. Sandalwood – a best treatment for pores on face
Sandalwood nourishes and rejuvenates your skin and at the same time minimizes the occurrence of open pores. It also cleanses the open pores and prevents the occurrence of pimples.
- Mix together a tbsp each of sandalwood and turmeric powder.
- To this mixtures, add a few drops of almond oil.
- Make a paste and apply it gently on the affected area.
- Leave it for about 20 minutes and then rinse it off with cold water.
6. Treat your open pores using Baking Soda
Baking soda has incredible antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that help in getting rid of skin ailments like pimples and acne. It also removes dead cells, dirt, and impurities from the skin surface while maintaining its acid concentration and pH balance.
- Make enough water to baking soda powder to make a paste.
- Apply this paste on to the pores and massage gently in circular motions
- Leave it for some time to dry.
- Rinse with cool water.
7. Turmeric to get rid of open pores
Turmeric is a natural disinfectant that kills all the bacteria that may be residing on your skin and pores, inflaming them. The rich anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric helps in reducing any swelling or soreness and also shrinks the size of the pores.
- Mix a tablespoon of turmeric powder with just adequate water to prepare a smooth paste.
- Apply this paste on your pores and leave it for about 10 minutes.
- Then rinse of with plain water.
8. Use Sugar Scrub to cover the open pores on face
Sugar scrubs made at home can largely reduce dilated pores on your skin. This remedy also removes the presence of excessive oil and impurities from the skin surface. It exfoliate and closes the pores, making the skin look smooth and shiny.
- Mix together a tablespoon of olive oil and two tablespoon of sugar with few drops of lemon juice.
- Gently rub this mixture on your pores for about 20 to 30 seconds.
- Then wash it off with cold water.
- Repeat this remedy twice a week.
Note: Add a small amount of honey to the mixture before massage for better results.
9. Yogurt is good for open pores on face
Yogurt is another wonderful remedy for open pores on your skin. The lactic acid concentration of yogurt makes it an effective treatment for unclogging the pores by removing dirt, impurities, dead skin cells and oil from the skin. It is also helpful in tightening the loose skin and combat signs of aging.
- Take 2 tablespoon of fresh yogurt
- Apply it on your open pores evenly.
- Let it sit for about 15 to 20 minutes
- Then cleanse with lukewarm water.
10. Aloe Vera – a great home remedy for open pores
Aloe vera has been a popular remedy for various kinds of skin ailments since ancient days. It helps to reduce the open pores on your face and skin. Aloe vera gel is an amazing moisturizer that also cleanses off the oil and dirt from the skin.
- Take a fresh aloe leaf and extract the gel off it.
- Apply this gel on your open skin pores.
- Gently massage in circular motions for a while.
- Leave it to dry for 10 minutes and then rinse with cold water.
Regular use of aloe vera gel on skin will shrink the large pores and give it a healthy glow.
Pores are small pits on your face do not look good in any way. They make you look unhealthy and aged. Makeup can help solve the problem partially but use of harsh cosmetics can even worsen the case. So to protect your skin from possible damage and give it a healthy, plump appearance, do opt for these natural home remedies.
Also, check out 10 amazing tips to get rid of eczema on face overnight!