Butt acne are very much similar to acne appearing at other parts of your body like face, neck, back and their reasons also somehow sync with each other. The acne you get on your buttocks are also a result of excessive oil production. Other reasons that encourage butt acne can be dry skin, tight clothing, sweat, etc.
Acne are irritating and uncomfortable no matter where it forms on your body. Butt acne are no different. However, the cause and cure of butt acne are a bit different than the normal ones.
Generally, bacterial infection on hair follicle on your buttock results to butt acne. Normally, some bacteria live on your skin without causing problems. But when these bacteria get inside the skin through a break or opening, it results in infection. When not treated in time, the infection can get worse and lead to a painful boil.
Here in this article, we have mentioned few natural home remedies to help cure the butt acne.
1. Use Turmeric and Sandalwood to get rid of butt acne
Turmeric and sandalwood together exhibits and strengthens their natural antiseptic properties and destroys the acne-causing bacteria. This combination also shows strong anti-inflammatory properties that helps in reducing the redness and swelling accompanying the acne breakouts.
- Mix together a teaspoon each of turmeric and sandalwood powder in a container.
- Add water or curd to the mixture and stir to get a thick paste.
- Apply it to the butt acne affected areas and allow it to dry.
- Rinse it off with warm water.
2. Cure the breakout on your buttocks with Garlic
Garlic is considered one of the best natural antibacterial and antimicrobial product. It is also enriched with goodness of anti-inflammatory properties. So unless you are allergic to it, you can relax and use this perfect home remedy for your butt acne.
- Peel out the covering of 3 garlic cloves.
- Add a little water and grind well to make a consistent paste.
- Apply this paste directly on the affected area of skin.
- Leave it on for few minutes and then rinse with plain water and pat dry.
- Alternatively, you can also eat a couple of raw garlic cloves daily to make an impact on your skin.
Note: Start by applying a little garlic on your skin for test purpose. If it starts to sting, remove it immediately.
3. Saltwater Solution for buttock pimples
The sodium chloride in salt is rich in antibacterial properties. This feature makes it an effective remedy for butt acne.
- Add 1 teaspoon of salt in 2 cups of warm water and mix well.
- Soak a cotton cloth in this solution and remove the excess water.
- Then apply it to the affected area.
- Repeat everyday for fast recovery.
4. Toothpaste – best way to get rid of acne on bum
Toothpaste is one of the best and easy remedies for treating buttock pimples at home. It gets rid of excess oil on the skin surface and also helps kill the acne causing bacteria.
- Take some toothpaste and apply a thin layer of it on the acne affected area
- Leave it to dry for a few minutes
- Rinse off with warm water and pat the skin dry
Toothpaste are ideal for spot and acne treatment. However, it may have a drying effect on the skin. So, be sure to moisturize your bum after this treatment.
5. Tea tree Oil treatment for butt acne
Tea Tree oil has some effective and beneficial effects on your skin. Its high antifungal and antiseptic qualities help in getting rid of various skin conditions including butt acne. And the best part is, it is easily available.
- Pour a few drops of tea tree oil on a sterile cotton ball.
- Gently dab the oil on the acne affected area.
- Leave it on for a few hours, or even overnight.
- Rinse early the next morning and pat the skin dry.
This remedy will instantly reduce the redness and swelling around your butt acne.
6. Baking Soda remedy for pimples on your bum
Baking soda is also rich in antibacterial properties so it helps combat the conditions resulted by acne-causing bacteria. It also helps maintain the pH level of your skin while fighting pain and inflammation due to the acne.
- Add a little water to a tablespoon of baking soda
- Mix well to form a thick paste.
- Apply it to the acne affected skin on your butt and allow it to dry.
- After sometime, wash it off with cold water.
7. Treat your butt acne using Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is rich components that are good for your skin. Essentials like malic and lactic acids are loaded with amazing exfoliating qualities. ACV also helps in reducing the red inflamed marks and gently treat the acne on your butt.
- Mix equal quantities of apple cider vinegar and fresh water.
- Soak a sterile cotton ball in it and dab it on the acne affected area on your buttocks.
- Let it stay there for some 3 to 4 hours.
- Rinse off with cold/ plain water.
8. Yogurt panacea for getting rid of butt acne
Yogurt is loaded with the goodness of lactic acid, zinc, vitamin B, calcium, vitamin B12 and Vitamin B5. All of these essentials are beneficial for good skin texture.
- Take some plain yogurt and apply it on the acne affected area
- Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Then wash it with plain water and pat the skin dry.
Before the application, make sure that the yogurt has a right consistency. It should not be thin and watery.
9. Use Aloe Vera to treat pimple on buttocks
Aloe vera gel is filled with excellent healing, antimicrobial, and anti-inflammatory properties. Therefore, it can quickly dry up existing acne and give you relief from the inflamed red acne on your buttocks. The astringent properties present in it can help shrink the enlarged pores and also prevent from possible future breakouts.
- Cut an aloe leaf and extract some fresh gel out of it
- Apply this gel directly to the problem area.
- Let it dry for 15 to 20 minutes and then wash it off with cold water.
- Continue everyday until you see some great results.
10. Get rid of bum acne with Oatmeal
Oatmeal is a very good and natural exfoliating agent. It is widely used to treat acne and to cure inflammation. It can be effectively used for rejuvenate the skin and make it acne free and healthy.
- Add warm water to some uncooked oatmeal. Make sure it is just damp.
- Apply this onto your buttocks.
- Use your fingers to massage and scrub it out. Be gentle.
- Rinse of warm water and pat the skin dry.
So, which remedy will you be trying? Do let us know in the comments below! Also, do subscribe to our Youtube channel for amazing videos:
Looking for pimple scare remedies? Discover 10 awesome home made tips to cure pimple/acne scars at home!