Skin is the body’s largest and most valuable organ. Getting a baby soft skin that catches everyone’s attention is what every girls (and boys too) desires for. If you are looking for the baby soft skin secrets, then you landed on the right place. After reading this blog, you will discover some of the best natural secrets to get baby soft skin at home. So, keep reading!
What causes my skin to be dull, dry and rough?
Daily sun exposure, heat, heavy makeup, pollution, dirt and harsh chemical soaps steal away the natural moisture from your skin and make it rough, dull and dry.
How can I get baby soft skin naturally?
You can find numerous skin care products in the market that promise for smooth and flawless skin but eventually they end up damaging your skin. But, do not worry! We are here to help you get that baby soft skin naturally at your home without any side effects and within budget.
1. Milk and honey bath to get baby soft skin
The usage of milk and honey to cure and nourish several skin issues has been in action since the ancient time. Both of these ingredients have several skin-benefiting agents which as a result make a great combo to treat any kind of skin problems.
Honey, which is rich in antibacterial, anti-fungal and antioxidant properties, rejuvenates the skin with soothing effect. And milk, which is rich in vitamins A, B, D, lactic acid, minerals, calcium and animal protein, results in a radiant glowing smooth skin.
Having a milk and honey bath helps cleanse and exfoliate dead skin cells, prevents dryness of the skin and leaves behind supple and soft skin.
- Fill the bathtub with warm water.
- Pour honey into the tub and mix it well.
- Add milk to the mixture of honey and water.
- Mix all the ingredients well and enjoy the luxurious honey and milk bath for smooth baby like skin!
2. Avocado and yogurt mask for soft smooth skin
Avocados are rich in omega-3 fatty acids and are a great source of vitamins C, E, K, and B-6 which helps in retaining the skin moisture and naturally brightens your skin. Yogurt, which consist of lactic acid, acts as a natural exfoliant that leaves behind fresh glowy skin.When these ingredients are mixed together and applied, you will be gifted with a smooth, flawless, glowing and soft skin like that of a baby!
- Take one-fourth part of ripen avocado and mash it with the help of a fork
- Add a tablespoon of yogurt to the avocado
- Keep mashing and stirring the mixture till it forms a consistent paste
- Once done, apply the paste onto your face
- Keep it for 15-20 minutes and wash off with lukewarm water
P.S. This mask is also good for those who have acne in their face.
3. Lemon and egg mask to soften your skin
Lemon acts as a natural cleanser that helps remove the dead skin cells and rich vitamin C, it also helps lighten the skin leaving behind smoother and fresher skin tone. On the other hand, egg white has an astringent property that helps shrink the skin pores by tightening the skin. Using this mask will leave you with healthy, bright and smooth skin!
- Separate yolk from an egg and use the white part of the egg
- Take a lemon and squeeze the juice out of it
- Mix lemon and egg white to make a consistent paste
- Apply the paste on your face (and even on neck)
- Keep it for 20-25 minutes and wash off with lukewarm water
4. Carrots for baby soft skin
Carrots are rich in potassium which is the main ingredient to hydrate your skin. Packed with vitamins and iron, they also act as natural antiseptic and have rejuvenating effect. While you can drink carrot juice or eat it raw on a daily basis, another best method to use it for baby soft skin is by making a face mask. This DIY mask is applicable on normal to oily skin types.
- Take 1 or 2 carrots and cook it
- Mash the cooked carrot and when cooled down, add a tablespoon of olive oil
- Make a fine paste and apply it all over your face and neck
- Leave it for 20-25 minutes and then rinse off with cool water
Get hydrated, brighten and soft glowing skin instantly with this carrot facial pack.
5. Banana and milk mask– home remedy for soft skin
A secret to getting baby soft skin is the mask made of banana and milk. Banana is rich in phytochemicals, antioxidants and vitamin B6, B12 which makes it an excellent defender for rough and aging skin. Bananas are highly preferable to nourish and get a perfect radiance skin. On the other hand, milk is rich in vitamins A, B, D, lactic acid, minerals, calcium and animal protein which aids in gaining glowing smooth skin instantly.
- Take a ripe banana and mash it to make a paste
- Add 2-3 tablespoon of milk and form a consistent paste
- Apply the paste gently on your face
- Leave it for about 20 minutes and then rinse it off
- For best result, repeat at least twice a week.
So, next time if you are thinking of throwing away the bananas because that’s over ripen then think of this remedy and use it to beautify your skin instead.
6. Massage with coconut oil – soft skin tips at home
Coconut oil is one of the best natural moisturizers that protects your skin from major types of breakouts. Massaging coconut oil on your skin helps to get baby soft skin as it easily seeps into the pores of your skin and deeply moisturizes it. The anti-inflammatory effect and high fat content of coconut helps prevent acne, reduce rashes and leaves a soothing silky skin.
- Wash your face, pat dry and take a small amount of coconut oil in your palm (as it spreads well)
- Rub the oil in your palm to melt it with the heat of your hand
- Apply it on your face and gently massage with the help of your fingertips
- Wait for 5-10 minutes for the oil to absorb into your skin
- Wipe away any excessive oil with the help of soft cotton towel
However, if you skin is oily, wash it off after 10-15 minutes.
7. Papaya and honey face mask for dry skin remedy
Papaya is rich in vitamin A and C, carotene along with other phytonutrients. These elements help to fight against skin damaging free radicals and slows down the aging process, making your skin look younger and livelier. Papaya and honey, both are famous for their hydrating nature and hence provide extra moisture to dry skin making it more smooth, supple and soft.
- Cut a ripe papaya, take few pieces and mash them
- Add a tablespoon of honey (and milk optional) and make a fine paste
- Apply the paste all over your face
- Wait for 15-20 minutes and rinse off with cold water.
Apply this mask once or twice a week and as a result, you’ll find your skin soft, bright and hydrated.
8. Exfoliate your skin for smooth surface
Skin exfoliation is one of the most effective home remedies to get smooth and soft skin. The exfoliation process removes the dead skin cells and gives new, radiant and younger looking smooth skin. While there are several skin exfoliators, scrubs available in the market, naturally exfoliating your skin is always the best and safe way without any side effect. You can simply make a natural scrub out of lemon, sugar and olive oil.
- Take a bowl and add a tablespoon of sugar in it
- Take a lemon and squeeze the juice in that sugar bowl
- Add few drops of olive oil to the mixture
- Apply the mixture on your face and gently scrub to exfoliate the deal skin cells
- When done, rinse off with lukewarm water and pat dry
9. Cinnamon honey face mask for natural baby soft skin
Cinnamon with its rich antioxidant and antimicrobial properties, can remove dead skin cells and soften rough and dry skin by restoring shine and suppleness to the skin. And as mentioned earlier, honey is also rich in antibacterial, antifungal and antioxidant properties that rejuvenates the skin with soothing effect. Thus, these are perfect natural combo to get smooth and shiny skin at home.
- Take a small bowl and put a tablespoon of cinnamon powder in it
- Add 2 tablespoon of honey in the bowl
- Stir the mixture till cinnamon blends thoroughly into the honey
- Apply the mask on your face with the help of brush
- Spread all over to get an even coverage
- Leave it for 15-20 minutes and then rinse off with lukewarm water
You’ll be left with a smooth, soft and charming skin afterwards. And, this mask is very suitable for acne prone skin as well.
10. Stay hydrated to get those flawless skin
Dehydration is the main root of dry skin. As mentioned earlier, skin is the largest organ in our body and hence, a lot of water is required to keep it hydrated. Dehydration leads to fatigued skin cell. Hence, it is essential to drink 8-10 glasses of water per day. It helps to flush out harmful chemicals from your body and leaves you with smooth and baby soft skin.
Eating fruits and vegetables that are high in water content such as watermelon, papaya, cucumber, carrot also supplements to hydrate your skin. However, the sugary, carbonated drinks and alcohol should be avoided.
These are the top 10 effective home remedies for getting baby soft skin without any side effects. If not all, try at least with few and I promise, the result will just astound you.
Looking for natural remedy to glow your skin? Here are top 10 tips to make your skin glow instantly.