Sagging skin under your neck is similar to that of Turkey and hence it is often called Turkey neck.
However, there are ways in which you can cure them naturally and get back smooth, flawless skin around the neck area using some effective home remedies.
Turkey neck is one of the outcomes of aging and loss of elasticity and collagen in the body. A sudden loss of weight will also welcome the sagging turkey neck. Other causes of turkey neck may include genetics, poor diet or a sedentary lifestyle.
Best natural ways to tighten the turkey neck
Surgery isn’t the only solution to get rid of the sagging skin under your neck. There are natural remedies that are proven to be effective in curing the dangling layer of skin causing Turkey Neck. So here in this article, I’ve listed top 10 natural remedies along with the method of preparation and application.
1. Egg Whites and Honey Mask to get rid of the turkey neck
The combination of egg whites and honey have enhanced benefits and is used as a toner mask to tighten the sagging and loose neck skin.
Egg white is rich source of protein albumin that is helpful in rebuilding the skin cells, boost the elasticity of your skin, and give it a natural glow. On the other hand, honey acts as a powerful antioxidant to help remove toxins building up over time in your skin.
- Filter out the egg white from the yolk of an egg.
- Now mix the whites with two tablespoons of honey and stir properly
- Then apply it to your saggy neck skin.
- Let it sit for 15 minutes then wash off with warm water and pat dry.
- For optimal results, use this mask once every week.
2. Use Fullers Earth pack to tighten the neck skin naturally
Fuller’s earth works as a great anti-aging mask for wrinkled skin. A little bit of juggling between the ingredients can transform it as a neck skin firming mask as well. Here’s how you do it.
- Take a bowl and add 2 tbsp fuller’s earth in it.
- Also add some thick cream and rose water and mix it well.
- Put some egg whites and lemon juice to the mixture and beat well.
- Some mashed banana pulp and mix properly.
- Refrigerate this entire mixture for 30 minutes.
- Apply it over the affected area in neck and leave to dry for 1 hour.
- When it is dry, dab some rose water and massage for about 15 minutes.
- Then wash the area with lukewarm water and cover with a moisturizer immediately.
- Repeat the remedy once everyday to obtain better results.
3. Coconut Oil remedy for tightening the loose neck skin
Coconut oil is a strong antioxidant that helps in eliminating free radicals that can be harmful to your skin. Coconut oil also hydrates and locks moisture in your skin. Hence, preventing the skin from sagging.
- Take a teaspoon of coconut oil and massage it into your neck area
- Continue for about five minutes before bed.
- Leave the oil overnight to help heal faster.
4. How Banana Peel Neck mask can be an effective remedy for turkey neck
Banana peel is a wonderful and revolutionary anti aging remedy for loose skin underneath you neck. It contains some amazing goodness of fresh antioxidants and lutein, that can help promote the elasticity of cells and make them active and stronger.
- Scoop out the inner white part of a banana peel.
- Add some curd and lemon and mix well to make a fine paste.
- Then add few drops of glycerine and baby oil to the mixture.
- Finally, add some milk to the mixture and beat properly to make a consistent paste.
- Apply it on the affected area and leave to dry for about an hour.
- When dry, sprinkle some water to the neck and massage with gentle hands.
- Wash it with clean water after 15 minutes.
- Repeat this remedy everyday for best results.
5. Coffee Scrub – an easy and natural way to avoid the saggy neck skin
Coffee contains antioxidants that slow the signs of skin aging. It can be used as a scrub in combination with other substances to exfoliates and firm your skin. It also helps make the skin smooth and eliminate the fat deposits.
- In a bowl, add quarter a cup of both coffee grounds and brown sugar and half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder along with two tbsp of coconut oil.
- Now using your fingers apply the paste in affected area in small circular motions
- Let it sit then sit for about 5 minutes.
- Rinse off the mixture with warm water.
- For best results, apply this remedy once a week.
6. Epsom Salt Soak remedy to help tighten the neck skin cells
Epsom salt (or magnesium sulfate) has been used to reduce swelling in the feet and ankles since a long time. But the same process can be applied to other parts of your body to improve circulation by extracting excess water and tightening the skin cells, preventing from sagging.
- Add two cups of Epsom salt to a warm-water bath
- Soak your body in it for as long as 15 to 20 minutes.
- Rinse if feels uneasy but it’s not really necessary.
- Use this Epsom salt remedy twice a week for optimal results.
7. Olive Oil panacea for naturally tighten neck skin
Olive oil has been used as a cleanser, moisturizer, and antibacterial agent since ancient days to help give the skin its bright radiant glow and also protect them from the effect of sun’s UV rays.
Olive oil is also a powerful antioxidant and also contains a good dose of vitamin E that tightens the skin and also protects it from possible sun damage .
- Thoroughly clean the neck area and dab some massage olive oil into your neck, and chest.
- Gently massage the affected area using your hands
- Continue massaging for some time to let the oil penetrate through your skin.
You may use Olive oil every day as an alternative to a body lotion.
8. Use Yogurt Mask and get rid of the drooping neck skin
Yogurt is a filled with nutritious properties good for health. You can eat it and also apply yogurt directly to the skin for tightening the loose flappy areas. Like most dairy products, yogurt also contains lactic acid. When you apply yogurt to your skin, this acid works to shrink pores. Hence, resulting in tighter, smoother skin.
- Add two drops of lime juice to two tbsp of plain yogurt and mix well.
- Apply this yogurt-lime juice mixture to the affected area.
- Then gently massage your skin for about 10 minutes.
- Let it sit for another 5 minutes and then wash off with warm water.
- Repeat the process twice a week.
9. Aloe Vera cures the loose skin and tightens it back again
A natural moisturizer containing malic acid, Aloe Vera improves the elasticity of the skin. Enriched with natural goodness to help heal a number of skin ailments aloe vera is also an effective and inexpensive treatment for sagging skin.
- Add 1 tbsp each of aloe vera gel, mayonnaise and honey in a bowl and mix well
- Apply this paste as a mask to your saggy neck skin
- Let it dry for about 15 minutes and rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Presence of honey in the recipe will require you to scrub gently with a soft washcloth to remove the mask completely.
- Give a final rinse to your skin with some cool water, and pat dry with a soft towel.
10. Cucumber for treating the turkey neck problem at home
Cucumber has great moisturizing and hydrating properties. It provides deep conditioning to the loose neck skin cells and revitalizes the shrunk cells to make them supple and plump again. This effect of cucumber on skin makes it automatically look tighter.
- Grate some slices of cucumber in a bowl.
- Add curd, cream and almond oil and mix well to get consistent paste.
- Apply this paste on the neck region and let it dry for about 30 minutes.
- Cleanse off the mask using rose water and cotton.
- Moisturize using a good skin lotion.
- Repeat the process everyday for optimal results.
These home remedies are very much result oriented and you can see a visible difference in within defined period of starting the treatment.
But not all remedies will work for everyone. So, do not hesitate to try a second remedy if the first one didn’t work for you. As I have only listed out only the natural remedies, there are nominal cases of side-effects and hence, these are safe to try.