We generally misunderstand diarrhea as a disease. But in fact, it is just an indication of your body trying to dislodge itself of the toxic and waste substances in your system. Diarrhea is characterized by watery loose stools, so some people also refer it as loose motions. It is followed by acute stomach pain, fever, nausea, vomiting, dehydration and loss of appetite.
What causes diarrhea?
Diarrhea is caused by everyday factors such as food, medication, or stress. Sometimes, it also signals an underlying medical condition of the sufferer. If the diarrhea continues for long, keeping you run for the toilet much often, it can be due to various reasons including bacterial infection, food intolerance, medication and special cases like diabetes, hyperthyroidism and others. In such case, it is recommended to consult a doctor.
What to eat to stop diarrhea fast?
Healthy lifestyle and eating practices will keep diarrhea at bay. Though there are medications available to cure diarrhea, you can treat it with simple and easy home remedies. In this article, I’ll be sharing with you the top 10 effective and quick remedies for diarrhea to make you feel better.
1. Rice Water to stop diarrhea fast
It is a simple and effective home remedy for treating diarrhea in adults and children. Rice water contains starch that retains the lost fluids balance and electrolytes from the body, avoiding possible dehydration. Rice water aids the inflammation on intestine caused due to diarrhea.
- Take half a cup of rice and rinse it.
- Then place it in a pot, add 3 cups of water and set to boil. (Keep on stirring the rice to prevent from sticking on the bottom of the pot.)
- Keep boiling at medium heat for 5-10 minutes. Add more water (if required) to turn it thin and watery.
- After that, separate out the rice from the water. Let the rice water cool by adding few ice cubes.
- Consume the water throughout the day.
2. Honey home remedy to cure diarrhea
Honey is a wonderful remedy to cure diarrhea. It blocks the alignment and growth of the harmful bacteria from the intestinal cells. Therefore, lowering the risk of possible infections and inflammation. The antibacterial properties of honey enhances quick recovery from diarrhea caused due to bacterial infection.
- Add a tsp of honey to a cup of warm water and stir well.
- Drink this solution as the first thing you have.
- To enhance the taste you can add a spoonful of lemon juice to this mixture.
Drinking honey with water will help you stay hydrated and also improve your overall health naturally.
3. Try Yogurt to heal your running stomach
Yogurt is filled with the goodness of probiotics that helps keep your intestine healthy. Probiotics in yogurt are living bacteria that promotes digestion and digestive tract health. Intake of antibiotics will rip off good bacterias as well, leading to diarrhea. Eating yogurt will maintain the balance and restore the good bacterias back. This will also stop diarrhea.
- Eat 2-3 cups of yogurt per day
- Repeat everyday unless you experience a significant relief.
4. Stop diarrhea using Apple Cider Vinegar
In order to get rid of diarrhea fast, Apple Cider Vinegar can be another useful remedy. ACV help to fight against the leading bacteria that causes diarrhea. Since the pectin concentration in ACV is high, it helps in soothing the possible irritation in the colon area.
- Add a tsp of apple cider vinegar to a glass of warm water
- Stir well to make sure that the ACV dissolves completely in water
- Drink this mixture 1-2 times a day and continue it for few days until symptoms of diarrhea disappear.
5. Banana diet to stop diarrhea
Bananas are loaded with pectin that helps in absorbing the liquid in your intestines – making the stools less watery and thereby preventing from loss of excessive water from the body. Bananas are rich in potassium as well. So they make an excellent replace to the lost electrolytes from your body due to the frequent bowel movements.
- Mash a whole ripe banana
- Then add a pinch of salt and 1 tsp tamarind juice to it.
- Mix the whole thing well and eat it up.
- Alternatively, you can also eat two bananas in breakfast.
6. Intake Chamomile Tea to get rid of diarrhea
Chamomile tea is enriched with antispasmodic properties making it an excellent remedy to cure diarrhea naturally at home. It also helps to treat the abdominal pain that is accompanied with the diarrhea. Drinking of chamomile tea will reduce the intestinal inflammation as well.
- Add a teaspoon of chamomile flowers to a cup of boiling water
- Cover with a lid and let it steep for about 10 minutes
- Then strain out the water
- Drink several cups of chamomile teas in a day
Note: Green tea can be the best alternative to chamomile tea.
7. Ginger remedy to prevent diarrhea
Ginger has strong medicinal values for solving issues related to digestive system. Ginger can prevent from stomach cramps and also avoid the formation of gases from fermented material that results to watery stool. In addition, it helps stomach to release gastric juices that aids digestion.
- Take two tablespoons of minced ginger root and add it to some hot water.
- Pour some honey to add a little flavour to the tea.
Note: Do not intake more than 4g of ginger per day. It could be counterproductive causing more bowel movements.
8. Avoid diarrhea with Peppermint
Peppermint is often known for its effective remedies for stomach related problems like constipation, nausea, and diarrhea. It gives significant relief and instant treatment for diarrhea as well. Follow the steps below to get your peppermint relief drink ready.
- Choose some fresh sprigs of mint and add it to a cup of hot water
- Cover it with a lid and let it steep for few minutes.
- Then allow it to cool down so that you can easily intake it without burning your tongue
- Repeat to prepare several cups and drink it throughout the day.
9. Orange – one of the best remedies to stop diarrhea
When the benefit of orange peel is mixed with that of the tea, it will not only keep you hydrated but will help you recover from diarrhea. This homemade mixture will give you the required relief. Orange peel is rich source of pectin – a type of carbohydrate that boosts the presence of good bacteria in your large intestine. Therefore, oranges are good for maintaining a healthy intestine.
- Add two tbsp of chopped orange peels into half a cup of boiling water.
- Cover the lid and allow it to cool down.
- When cooled, add some lemon and honey to it.
- Serve several times a day to the sufferer.
10. Use Carrots to treat diarrhea in no time
Carrot soup can be another great remedy for diarrhea. It is easy to digest because of its antidyspeptic properties. Carrots provide essential vitamin and mineral contents that is required by the body. This carrot soup will help restore the water lost during diarrhea.
- Take some carrots, wash, peel and chop them in small pieces.
- In a pot take half a cup of water and place the carrot pieces
- Cook it on low heat for about an hour
- Turn off the heat and add a little more water
- Blend the carrots using a grinder.
- Add salt to taste and serve it to the patient several times a day.
Diarrhea may be accompanied with pain and discomfort. When left untreated, it will ruin your day completely. Since the body loses most of its water content through defecation, diarrhea can result to serious dehydration. Therefore, it is important to stay hydrated and consume as much liquid as possible. In addition to this, following the above mentioned techniques will definitely help to overcome the common form of diarrhea.
Also, if you are looking for home remedies to get rid of stinky feet, then follow this link: http://bit.ly/footodorremedy