Who would not love to get a smooth, straight and frizz free hair? We all do, right? But in the urge to get that perfect hair and look, we tend to use many chemical products and heating agents that can permanently damage our hair, sometimes followed by hair loss. Though there are ways to naturally treat the damaged hair, it is always a better choice to prevent than to cure.
How do I straighten my hair naturally?
Thanks to the natural remedies that uses organic products to get you a well manageable and flowy hair. Try these remedies for naturally straight hair, at home.
10 hair straightening tips at home
1. Milk and honey to straighten your hair naturally
The protein in milk help in nourishing and strengthening your hair while honey acts as a healing agent that helps in restoring moisture in your hair and controlling it from further damage and frizz. The honey and milk mixture will make your hair super smooth and shiny.
- Mix together milk and honey until it results a uniform mixture.
- Apply this mixture mask evenly to your hair.
- Leave it on for approximately 2 hours.
- Wash it off with cool water and a mild shampoo
2. Permanent hair straightening at home with Banana, Curd and Olive oil
The Banana, Curd and Olive Oil hair straightening treatment doubles the remedy with its deep conditioning treatment that helps in improving the quality and texture of your hair. This method will help you get rid of most of your tangles and frizz while also making your hair straight and strong.
- Mash the bananas until they are lump-free or for ease, simply grind them.
- Add curd and olive oil to it and mix well.
- Apply the mixture to your hair.
- Leave it for approximately half an hour.
- Wash it off your hair with cool water and a mild shampoo.
3. Aloe vera as a home remedy for naturally straight hair
Aloe vera contains essentials that promotes healthy hair growth and makes your hair smooth and strong. Aloe vera gel easily penetrates the hair strands and locks moisture to keeps them hydrated. This moisturizing property helps in straightening your hair naturally.
- Add half a cup each of aloe vera gel and warm olive oil to a container. (You can add few drops each of rosemary oil and sandalwood oil – optional)
- Massage your hair and scalp using this mixture.
- Leave it on for about one to two hours.
- Wash it off well with a mild shampoo.
3. Egg and Olive Oil mask for permanent hair straightening
Eggs have essentials that helps make your hair stronger and shinier than before. On the other hand, olive oil keeps your hair well hydrated. These two, when combined together, works magically to straighten your hair.
- Add 2 eggs to some olive oil and mix them together.
- Use this mixture to massage your hair and scalp.
- Leave it for an hour or so.
- Rinse off well with mild shampoo.
This will not only make your hair soft and supple, but will also naturally straighten your hair.
5. Coconut Milk and Lime Juice – a home remedy to straighten your hair
Lemon juice and coconut milk are great components that compliments each-other for straightening your hair naturally. Coconut milk, when mixed with lime juice, works as a cream conditioner that helps to straighten the hair naturally at home.
- Mix together coconut milk and lemon juice in equal proportion
- Apply the cream to your hair.
- Keep it for sometime.
- Then wash your hair with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this twice a week for few weeks unless you notice the difference.
6. Castor Oil for naturally permanent straight hair
Castor oil is one of the easy solution to naturally straighten your hair at home. Having several other benefits like treating skin infection, stomach problems and others, castor oil does wonders when it comes to hair straightening.
- Heat up some castor oil
- Let it cool down and apply it to your scalp while it is still warm.
- Wrap a towel around your head and keep it for 30 minutes or so.
- Then wash it off with a gentle shampoo.
7. Use Fuller’s Earth (Multani Mitti) for natural hair straightening
Multani mitti, also known as Fuller’s earth, can help straighten your hair naturally. It can also help you get rid of your dull, frizzy hair. Additionally, it acts as a mild cleansing agent so it will not damage your hair.
- Add one egg white and two tablespoons of rice flour to one cup of fuller’s earth.
- Pour enough water to the mixture to obtain a thin consistent texture.
- Apply this paste to your hair evenly and comb your hair straight.
- Leave it on for an one hour, and wash it out with water.
- Now spray some good amount of milk on your hair.
- Leave it on for about 15 minutes or so, and then shampoo your hair.
8. Rice Flour and Egg Mask turns your hair naturally straight at home
Rice flour and egg together helps to make your hair smooth, sleek, strong and clean. This combo pack hydrates your hair, deep cleanses and repairs damage, giving it a nice, straight look.
- Combine the ingredients until you get a fine consistent paste.
- Apply this to your hair.
- Leave it on for about an hour.
- Wash it off with cool water and a mild shampoo.
9. Vinegar remedy for straight hair
Vinegar is another organic hair straightening agent. It is one of the more popular remedies for adding sleekness and shine to your hair.
- Wash your hair clean
- Add a few drops of vinegar to a mug of water and rinse your hair strands with this water.
- Finally rinse your hair with clean water.
Continuing this remedy multiple times for few month will give you visible difference making your hair strands look straight and shiny.
10. Almond Oil for naturally straightening your hair permanently
Almond oil is rich in vitamin E and other nutrients essential for smooth and sleek hair. It is one of the easiest and best ways to keep your hair well hydrated. For better results, it is recommended to use heated almond oil because the heat from the warm oil will help relax the light wavy pattern to straight.
- Slightly heat the almond oil.
- Let it cool down and apply the oil to your hair while it is still
- Massage your scalp thoroughly for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Comb your hair to evenly distribute the oil through the hair strands.
- Cover your hair with a head mask or towel for approximately 30 to 40 minutes.
- Wash it off with a mild shampoo.
- Gently comb your hair while it is still wet and allow it to air dry.
All these remedies are to followed twice or thrice a week.
Pursue these easy and effective tips to naturally straighten your hair at home. Do not forget to share your experience with us regarding these remedies, in the comment section below.