Almost everyone suffer from hair fall. Problem is not in falling hair but is in not gaining them back again. The lack of nourishment that is required for healthy hair and hair growth can be one reason. Diet and the type of food we consume can be another. There may be multiple reasons as well.
Why is my hair falling?
While genes play a vital role for many hair related conditions, there are usually other reasons as well. This can include hormonal imbalances, an underactive thyroid gland, nutritional deficiencies and insufficient blood circulation in the scalp area.
How can I stop my hair fall?
While there are many commercial products that might look promising to solve the problem, hair fall can be best treated with simple and efficient home remedies.
Here we have listed top 10 natural home remedies against hair fall. Have a look.
1. Hot oil massage to stop hair fall naturally
Oil massage through the scalps helps improve blood circulation and leads to better nourishment and better hair growth. Oil provides good lubrication to the hair, making it healthy and damage-free.
- Heat up some oil or a mixture of oils.
- Apply small amount of oil on your scalp using fingertips and massage gently in circular motions.
- After massaging, apply oil along the full length of your hair, taking small strand at a time.
- For better results, you can steam your hair for 20-25 minutes using a hot towel.
- Wash off the oil as per your convenience.
2. Hair fall treatment at home with Fenugreek
Fenugreek seeds is a potential spice with inherent properties to treat variety of scalp issues including dryness, dandruff, hair fall and others. They are rich in folic acid, Vitamin A, Vitamin K and Vitamin C, and are a natural vault of minerals such as potassium, calcium and iron.
- Soak some two tablespoons of fenugreek seeds in water and leave it overnight.
- Grind the seeds to make a paste.
- Apply this paste on the roots of your hair and leave it for 20 minutes.
- Rinse your hair with a mild shampoo.
3. Cure your thinning hair at home with Onion Juice
The sulfur present in onions help boost collagen production in our body. Collagen, in turn, helps the production of healthy skin cells and hair growth. Onions are also believed to aid blood circulation. Application of onion juice on to the hair and scalp can increase blood supply to hair follicles and ultimately improve hair growth.
- Mix some onion juice with crushed fenugreek seeds and honey and leave it overnight.
- Apply this mixture on your dry scalp It can also be used for focal hair loss patches.
- Rinse off using water and mild shampoo.
4. Egg whites home remedy for hair fall
Eggs are rich in proteins, minerals, and B-complex vitamins, essential for hair. These nutrients, especially biotin and B-complex vitamins, prevents hair loss by strengthening the roots. These also regulates the new hair growth, adds volume and thickens your hair.
- Whisk together an egg white (or two depending on hair length) and olive oil in a bowl.
- Apply this mixture to your hair.
- Leave it for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Rinse off with cold water. (Hot water will make the egg smell like rotten)
5. Hair loss treatment at home with Green Tea
Green tea is a natural antioxidant and promotes significant growth of hair follicles. Green tea also contains B vitamin (found in hair care products), and helps strengthens your hair strands. Drinking green tea or its direct application onto your scalp will help stimulate the growth of healthy hair.
- Steep two bags of green tea in the hot water and wait till the water cools down.
- When cooled, remove the tea bags and use the solution to rinse your hair.
- Massage the solution evenly over your scalp.
6. Indian Gooseberry (Amla) – a natural remedy for hair loss
The type of hair loss triggered by deficiency of Vitamin C can be cured with Amla. Gooseberry is rich in vitamin C and antioxidants and can help to maintain a healthy scalp and it promote hair growth.
- Crush the gooseberry fruit to extract the juice.
- Mix 2 teaspoons of this juice with an equal amount of freshly lime juice.
- Apply this mixture on your scalp and let it dry.
- Rinse off with warm water.
7. Hair fall solution at home with Beetroot
Beetroot is enriched with goodness of antioxidants, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Calcium, Iron and Potassium. With all these essentials, it certainly does wonders to your hair.
- Mix together the juice of two beetroots, freshly grated ginger juice with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Stir to form a paste and apply it from your scalp to the hair tips.
- Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Rinse with cold water.
8. Hibiscus flower treatment for hair loss
Hibiscus flower is embellished with goodness of vitamin-C, phosphorus, calcium and other essential properties. With the richness of antioxidant properties it can be very helpful in preventing hair loss and to promote hair growth.
- Heat adequate number of hibiscus flowers in 2 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Strain out the solution and collect the oil only.
- Apply it to the scalp through the hairs and leave it overnight.
- Rinse off with plenty of water the next morning.
9. Stop hair fall with Coriander juice
Coriander or cilantro plant is not only adds flavor to your food but also makes your hair soft and also prevent hair loss. It is also equally effective in promoting hair growth.
- Take a bunch of fresh coriander leaves and grind them to form a thick paste.
- Now, strain the paste and store the extracted juice.
- Apply this juice on your scalp and hair.
- Keep it for half an hour and then wash off your hair with a mild shampoo.
10. Natural hair loss treatment with Potatoes
Application of potato juice on hair follicles is a great way to supply essential nutrients like vitamins A, B, and C to malnourished hair. Deficiency of these essentials can result to weakening of hair, making it dry and fall out more easily.
- Wash the potato and peel its skin.
- Slice it into small pieces and grinde to get the puree.
- Strain the puree into a bowl using a muslin cloth to get the potato juice.
- Add a teaspoon each of honey and water to this juice and mix well.
- Apply the obtained mixture onto your scalp and hair, and leave it for about 30 minutes.
- Rinse off with a mild shampoo.
Hair loss is a common problem for both men and women. What is also common is the lack of knowledge in many of us about the simple and effective ways through which we can treat the condition. Follow these recommended ways to get rid of your hair fall problem asap.
Also, if you are looking for growing your hair longer then here are top 10 tips to grow your hair naturally.