Garlic, which is considered as one of the most essential ingredients in the kitchen, has several other benefits than adding flavor to your favorite dish. The medicinal properties of garlic cure several ailments and gastritis problem and it also works as wonder for adding volume to your hair. Yes, garlic when used well, can be best to prevent hair loss. Wonder how? Here we list some benefits of using garlic for hair growth:
- One of the reasons behind hair loss is due to bacterial infection. The antimicrobial properties of garlic has that power to kill those bacteria and germs that are inhibiting hair growth.
- Garlic consists of selenium which stimulates the blood circulation and provides maximum nourishment for hair growth.
- Application of garlic not only cleanses hair follicles but also strengthens them, hence preventing unwanted hair fall.
- The rich content of vitamin C in raw garlic is great for maintaining health of your hair. It boosts collagen production which promotes hair growth.
- Garlic consist of essential minerals that are required for hair growth. Those include calcium, zinc and sulphur.
Now you know the benefit of garlic for your hair growth, learn how to use it for betterment of your hair loss prevention below:
1. Homemade garlic oil for hair growth
You can prepare garlic oil at your home and use it for hair growth purpose. In order to prepare garlic oil follow the direction:
- Mince few cloves of garlic in olive oil or coconut oil
- Put it in a mason ar and store in cool and dry place for about a week.
- Then after a week, apply it on your tresses.
2. Garlic and ginger to enhance hair growth
The combination of garlic and ginger are great for hair loss prevention. It helps to regrow hair.
- Crush few cloves of garlic and a piece of raw ginger to make a fine pulp.
- In a pan, heat some olive oil and add the pulp to it.
- Keep heating till the pulp turns brown, then turn off the heat.
- Leave it for few minutes to cool then strain to avoid pulp in the oil.
- Take the strained oil and start massaging your scalp. Massage all over your scalp and hair.
- Leave it for 30 minutes then shampoo and condition (as required).
3. Onion and Garlic to prevent hair loss
The combination of onion, garlic, and cinnamon helps to regenerate hair follicles.
- Take all the ingredients and boil in about 2 cups of water. Let it boil for about 15 minutes.
- Once boiled, cool the mixture and strain the liquid.
- Apply the liquid all over your scalp and hair.
- Leave it for about 20 minutes then shampoo and condition.
- Try it everyday for a week to see a visible result.
4. Garlic and coconut oil to fight against hair loss
Here’s how you use garlic and coconut oil to grow your hair naturally.
- Take some garlic cloves and blend it in a blender to make a paste.
- Now, add coconut oil to the paste and mix well.
- Apply the mixture all over your scalp and hair.
- Leave for about 30 minutes then rinse off.
5. Garlic Shampoo for hair growth
Adding garlic to your regular shampoo will help you grow hair naturally.
- Make a garlic paste and mix it to your shampoo bottle.
- Use this shampoo to wash your hair.
- Wash once a week as too much use will make your hair dry.
6. Garlic And Honey to combat hair loss
Honey strengthens hair follicles and seals moisture to your hair helping to grow it naturally. It also works as natural conditioner.
- Mash some garlic clove to make a paste and add honey to it.
- Mix it well and apply the mixture to your hair and scalp.
- Leave it for about 20 minutes then wash off with mild shampoo.
- Repeat twice a week for better result.
7. Simply rub it
One of the simplest ways to use garlic for growing hair is to directly apply it in the areas of hair loss.
- Take few pieces of garlic cloves and cut it into halves and start rubbing in the hair loss area
- Wait for about an hour then massage your scalp with olive oil
- Afterwards, cover your hair with shower cap for about 30 minutes (or you can leave it overnight)
- Then wash off using mild shampoo.
So, knowing all these benefits and also knowing how easy it is to apply garlic for hair growth, you shall not take it for granted, right? So, despite of spending dollars on medicines and getting side effect of the chemicals involved in it, start looking at your kitchen for few garlic cloves. These few cloves will save your many dollars and most of all, it’s all natural, safe without any side effects!
Also, discover 10 effective home remedies to grow hair naturally.