Tired of caring those frizzy, dry and damaged hair with the most expensive hair care products? Do you know it just takes a little bit of effort to get that shiny and soft hair at your own home? You don’t believe? Well then without further ado, let’s get into the point. Below are the list of 10 natural home remedies for smooth and shiny hair.
1. Mustard oil treatment for soft shiny hair
Mustard oil hair treatment is one of the most traditional method of getting that smooth and shiny hair. It even makes your hair stronger and thicker. It’s highly effective and economical too.
- Take some mustard oil in a bowl and warm it.
- Apply the warm mustard oil all over your scalp and hair and massage gently.
- Once it is done, add some honey to the strands of your hair and cover your hair with a shower cap.
- After half an hour, you can wash off using mild shampoo and condition accordingly.
2. Aloe vera gel for smooth hair naturally
Aloe vera gel is one of the best home remedies for smooth and shiny hair. While the moisturizing property of aloe vera makes your hair smooth and conditioned, the antioxidants, vitamins and other compounds supports healthy hair growth.
- Apply aloe vera gel directly to your hair
- Leave it for around half an hour and rinse off using shampoo.
- For best result, mix coconut oil and yogurt to the aloevera gel and apply it all over your hair.
3. Avocado for moisturizing your rough hair
If your hair is dry and damaged, avocado hair treatment is a perfect solution. This is a fruit that contains very good nutrients which is able to deeply moisturize and nourish your hair which in turn will make your hair smooth and shiny.
- Take a ripened avocado and mash it in a bowl.
- Add two tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil to it
- Apply the mixture all over your damp hair from roots to the ends.
- Cover your hair with shower cap for around 30 minutes
- Then rinse your hair thoroughly using shampoo.
4. Yogurt for shiny hair naturally
There are several benefits of yogurt for your hair. It acts as a natural conditioner that makes your hair smooth, soft and shiny. The moisturizing property of yogurt repairs your dry and damaged hair to make it more manageable.
Additionally, yogurt is full of nutrients that helps prevent hair fall. It’s antibacterial and antifungal properties helps to remove dandruff resulting in shiny and smooth hair naturally.
- Brush out your hair, apply yogurt to each strand of your hair (till your all hair is covered).
- Cover your hair with a shower cap
- Leave it for an hour and rinse thoroughly using a mild shampoo.
- Repeat every week for best result.
5. Eggs for nourishing your hair
Eggs are very good source of fatty acids, proteins and lecithin that provide best nourishment to your hair. Get those shiny looking strong and thick hair with the simple use of eggs.
- Break an egg into a bowl
- Add half cup of yogurt, 2 tablespoon of olive oil and mix it well.
- Apply the mixture to your hair, cover with a shower cap for around 30 minutes
- Then wash off with cool water using mild shampoo.
6. Mayonnaise for soft and silky hair naturally
Mayonnaise works as magic to get that smooth and shiny hair easily at home. It consist of powerful antioxidants, amino acids and proteins that stimulates hair growth naturally with soft and silky look.
- Take a cup (or half) of mayonnaise as required for your hair.
- Apply it on your damp hair and cover it with a shower cap.
- Leave it for at least 30 minutes and then rinse off thoroughly using cold water and a mild shampoo.
7. Black tea for healthy shiny hair
Black tea which consist of caffeine is very useful to hair. It not only makes your hair smooth, silky and shiny but also helps in reducing hair loss.
- Boil 2-3 cups of water.
- Put 2 or 3 black tea teabags in it and leave it for few hours.
- Once it is lukewarm, apply it on your freshly washed hair and cover with a shower cap.
- After 20-25 minutes you can rinse off and condition your hair.
8. Banana pack for manageable shiny hair naturally
This is another great natural remedy for getting smooth and shiny hair at your home. Banana is a great source of potassium, vitamins, carbohydrates and natural oils that helps to keep your hair smooth, soft, silky, manageable and even dandruff free. Additionally, if you are worried about split ends then this pack is simply best as banana improves the natural elasticity of the hair.
- Take 1 (or 2) ripened banana (depending upon how long is your hair)
- Mash it to make a smooth paste
- Apply the paste to your overall hair and cover with a shower cap for at least half an hour
- Then wash off with cold water.
9. The magic of beer for shiny hair at home
Beer works as wonder for dry and damaged hair. The nutrients in the beer helps to repair and moisturize hair follicles which as a result adds volume and shine to your hair.
- Wash off your hair regularly as you do and while the hair is damp, apply beer all over your hair
- Massage it for few minutes and wash it off.
You will be amazed to see the result.
10. Apple Cider Vinegar for manageable hair
Apple cider vinegar works as conditioner for your hair. It makes your hair soft, shiny and moisturized. It also works great to treat dandruff and frizzy hair.
- Make a mixture of apple cider vinegar and water equally.
- After shampooing your hair, apply the mixture to your hair and massage thoroughly.
- Let it be there for few minutes and rinse off with cold water.
Stop worrying and complaining about your dry, damaged and frizzy hair. With your little effort and time, you can get amazing silky, soft and manageable hair at your own home. Pick any of the above mentioned method and see the result instantly!
If you try any of these, do not forget to share your loved ones via social sharing and comments below 🙂